Vote-By-Mail Application Instructions
To qualify for a vote-by-mail ballot in Shasta County, you must:
- Be registered to vote in Shasta County
- Live in the district holding the election
- Submit a signed application to the Registrar of Voters
Applications are provided in all sample ballot booklets that are mailed to the voters in Shasta County approximately 35 to 40 days prior to the election. The County Clerk/Registrar of Voters will also accept a letter requesting an vote-by-mail ballot as long as it contains the following:
- the name and date of an election
- the voter´s street address
- where the ballot should be mailed
- the signature of the voter
A signed application for a vote-by-mail ballot must reach the Registrar of Voters office on or before the regular vote-by-mail period ends which is 7 days prior to any election.
Click here if you are living overseas or are in the active duty military and need to register or apply for an vote-by-mail ballot.